Process compressor cleaning systems for the oil and gas industry
Working in a pressurised environment, with man hours limited, time is money. Life is easier with a Rochem FYREWASH® System. Working with Rochem provides you with all-in-one support, enabling you to maximise profit and create cost efficiencies.
Process compressors are the most critical part of the production chain. Lose performance and your plant will quickly become less profitable. The performance of Natural Gas process compressors can be radically reduced by fouling carried in the medium being processed or by accumulation inside the process compressor itself resulting from polymerization or seal oil contamination. These gas compressors are the most vital part of the chain of production so if any lose performance through foiling, production drops by the same rate of performance loss.
Learn how you can save millions by installing the ultimate performance cleaning system in four easy steps:
- Identify the loss of process compressor performance.
- Book a site visit and technical review meeting with one of our experienced members of stuff.
- Review Rochem's proposal and sign if you are happy to proceed.
- Rochem will install your new gas compressor cleaning system, supervise its usage, commission and provide training to your staff.
What is the scale of associated losses?
Onset of process compressor performance loss may be rapid commencing soon after start-up or develop more gradually over time.
- 15 - 30% shortfalls in head are common.
- 10% efficiency loss is translated into a 10% increase in power to maintain production.
- Power constraints result in a drop in production revenue and profits.
- Losses amounting to $4.8M per unscheduled shutdown are not exceptional!
What are the foulant types?
- Saline deposits, concentrated sea salt.
- Carbon dioxide, carbonate salts.
- Hydrogen Sulphide, sulphide salts.
- Metal, iron salts.
- Sand, silica (desert based fields).
- Glycol, from antifreeze process.
- Oil & grease from the compressor lube system.
Two solutions to process compressor performance recovery
- Take the unit out of service, open the casing and manually clean the process compressor internals. This method is a very time consuming and costly solution.
- Or install a Rochem on-line/off-line cleaning system that allows the process compressor to be cleaned in situ in a matter of minutes either on-line or in off-line re-circ mode.
What is the on-line process compressor cleaning procedure?
- Rochem injection nozzle system installed in the process compressor suction pipeline. Rochem HP self contained delivery system, these operate at pressures up to 100 barg.
- Fill the wash delivery tank with the Rochem FYREWASH® solution and connect to the Rochem HP nozzle via the outlet hose. Inject the Rochem FYREWASH® wash solution at a flow rate of between 5-20 lpm (litres per minute), dependant on the compressor size & flow, for 10 minutes dependant on the compressor size & flow.
Do I need to use chemicals for cleaning?
Water alone cannot remove all the foulant types. FYREWASH® chemicals are a range of specialist cleaning chemicals with outstanding performance designed for all types of fouling and meeting current OEM & environmental standards world-wide. They are mixed with treated water in a ratio of 1:4. Practice has shown that FYREWASH® F1 and F4 are best suited to clean process compressors. Find out more here.
Will the cleaning chemical damage process compressor seals?
In principle, process compressors with oil seals or self-acting dry gas seals are suited for on-line cleaning. A design verification will be carried out to determine if any modifications are required for each particular case.
What is the process connection size and form?
These can be manufactured to suit any application, but standard nozzles use NPT or 1-1/2" ANSI/DIN flange connections rated to suit the process application.