Rochem Jet Engine Wash System
The Rochem Jet Engine Wash System represents the latest, efficient, effective and low-cost ownership technology for the on - wing cleaning of any type and size of aircraft jet engine.
One of the most common causes of performance reduction encountered by users of gas turbines is fouling. Fouling can often account for more than 70% of the operational performance loss. Certain contaminants, such as dirt, dust, oil, pollen and salt tend to stick to the airfoil surface resulting in changes to the aerofoil inlet angle and the aerofoil shape as well as increasing surface roughness and causing the airfoil throat aperture to narrow.
These changes combine and result in a degradation of the gas path components’ pumping capacity and efficiency.
When the mass flow decreases, so does thrust. This means that the rotational speed must increase in order to maintain thrust. However, the decreased isentropic efficiency causes an increase in TET and SFC which reduces engine life and increases operating costs.
Compressor performance deterioration due to fouling can be recovered by carrying out regular on-wing engine washing. The Rochem Jet Wash System utilises the latest engine wash and waste technology to deliver an efficient, effective, environmentally friendly and low-cost solution. What’s more, is designed specifically for the on-wing cleaning of any type and size of the turbo-fan engine.
What it RJW 1000?
The Rochem Jet Wash 1000 is a fully self- contained mobile wash system. The delivery cart has everything needed for the wash process. This includes the atomising header system which enables the quick set-up and safe operation of engine washes. This allows the system to be operated on the stand, airside or at a dedicated washing dispersal with no need for a power source. All components are manufactured from stainless steel or aluminium affording in minimal maintenance requirements, corrosion resistance and long term service.
The numerous proven benefits of the RJW 1000 wash system include:
- Significantly reduced fuel burn, typically 1 to 1.5 % per year
- Consistent, predictable results from engine wash
- Longer on - wing times
- Operator choice of using hot water washing only or hot wash with the addition of detergents to further improve cleaning effect
- Patent atomizing nozzle injection system maximizes compressor (and main fan) cleaning result with minimum usage workload
- Easier maintenance process and procedure
- Engine wash times, including setting up, reduced to minutes, not hours
- Unsurpassed cost/benefit ratios
- Extremely short pay back/amortization periods
- Minimal maintenance requirements, no consumables apart from water (and small amount detergent, if used)
- The safe, self-positioning system, no physical connection whatsoever to the engine being washed.
Want to find out more? Make an enquiry or email email@example.com.